Summer 2022 Storm Damage
As the summer months approach, so do the storms that the change in air temperature and wind speeds bring. Summer storms tend to be more harsh than the ones that we in the Upstate of South Carolina experience in the other months. The best way for you to prepare for these summer storms is to make sure your house is prepared in advance. Here are some things you can do to help prepare your home or business for the coming summer storms.
- Make sure you have the proper insurance to protect your home or business from a strong summer storm.
- Remove or trim all trees that are dead or have heavy hanging limbs.
- Keep the property around your home or business free of all debris that could cause damage if blown around by the wind.
- Check that all windows are properly installed and do not have broken seals or glass.
- Clean out gutters of all debris to prevent them becoming clogged with heavy rainfall.
Even if you are completely prepared for the coming summer storms, there is still the possibility of damages that are not preventable. Things like strong wind, flooding, and lightning are not preventable and can cause serious damage to your structure. If you do suffer water, fire, or mold damage from summer storms, call the professionals at SERVPRO of West Greenville County to come out and take care of the job.
Call us at (864)-292-8570.